The deadline is approaching for applications for the AmericanHort HortScholars class of 2023.
Interested students have until Feb. 1 to apply. Those selected will spend several days on-site at Cultivate'23 in July where they will meet with industry leaders, attend education sessions, present on a topic of their choosing and more. They will also have an all-access pass to the event and a student membership with AmericanHort. The program is open to any student currently enrolled in a two-year, undergraduate or graduate program with a strong interest in horticulture.
To apply, students must complete the online application (found here) in addition to submitting a resume and two letters of recommendation. Finalists will then be selected. Each finalist will submit a 30-second video. From there, six HortScholars will be picked for the 2023 class.
AmericanHort covers the following: lodging, meals, an All-Access registration to Cultivate'23, and other various expenses for students in the HortScholar Program. The only cost students are responsible for is the travel to and from Columbus where Cultivate is held.
The 2022 class of HortScholars can be found here for reference.
Latest from Garden Center
- Webinar: Creating Integrated Customer Experiences
- Petitti Family of Farms debuts at MANTS
- Monrovia introduces three new rose series for 2023
- 2023 TPIE Cool Products Awards announced
- NGB offers expanded marketing tools for each “Year of the” crop
- AmericanHort seeking nominations for Board of Directors
- Top 100 Submission Received
- Danziger launches new foliage program